Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb 26 - Mar 3rd Itinerary

Yeah, so there's probably speling errors in this post; but that's because I'm having to use IE.

So, it's crazy 'TrackDay Weekend' for me. Below is an outline of what I'll be up to:

Friday 00:01 finish work for the week.
Friday 07:30 run errands (buy food, tidbits, pick up wireless Sprint thingy).
Friday 09:30 be on the road for SC
472mi / 7.5hrs
Friday 17:00 Hit CMP
Friday 19:00 Register & Clear through technical inspection
???? Dinner
Friday 22:00 Asleep(?)
Sat 07:00 Be back @ CMP
Sat 08:00 - 17:00 Class Instruction & On-track Time
(Possible blog/photo updates)
Sat ~19:00 Dinner
20:30 Blog update(?)
21:00 (Ha!) Asleep
Sun 07:00 Checkout / Be back @ CMP
Sun 08:00 - (15:00 or 17:00) Class Instruction & On-track Time
(Possible blog/photo updates)
Sun 15:00~17:00 Leave CMP
181mi / 3.5hrs
Sun 18:30~20:30 Arrive @ Inlaws
Sun 22:00 Bed
Mon 04:30 Get on the road for VIR (~90mi)
Mon 06:30 Arrive @ VIR
Mon 07:00 Tech Inspection/Registration/Meetings
Mon 09:00 - 17:00 Classroom & Tracktime
(Possible blog/photo updates)
Mon 17:00 - 19:00 VIR - Stuart (~90mi)
Mon 21:00 Bed
Tues 04:30 Get on the road for VIR (~90mi)
Tues 06:30 Arrive @ VIR
Tues 08:00 - 15:00~17:00 Classroom & Tracktime
(Possible blog/photo updates)
Tues 15:00~17:00 Leave VIR for Home
231mi / 4.75hrs
Tues ~20:00 get home/fall asleep

So, that's ~1150mi of highway mileage + ~450 track miles
which is ~230mi of travel per day.

This should be a good test for the car and I in prep for OneLap. I'll be doing fewer transit miles per day (~230 vs. ~500) than during the event, but then again there's only me for transit driving. However, there are more track miles (~110 vs ~20) this weekend than during the event. So this should put some stress on the car and give me an idea of wear items.

Alright, it's late, and I've got a long day today.

No comments: