Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Com[ing] Together

So, the credit card bill is up.

The SVRA has gone through (Thanks Kim!). The wheels & tires have arrived, and the car is at PBC for new pads, high-temp brake fluid, Mobil1 oil change, wheels/tires, and an alignment. It's a different place than my usual R&R; but the timing is short, PBC can do full alignments, and they're a TireRack installer.

Current plan is that Greer's going to pick up the car & pull the rear seats. There's a hand full of goodies I still need to pick up (spare wiper blades, fire extinguisher, torque wrench) which I need to pick up tomorrow am. Then it's pack, cobble together directions, and try to install the new intake & aluminum pedal covers. Then it's on the road hopefully by 2pm Thursday.

The reality that I'm about to do OneLap is beginning to get tangible.

Oh, and numbers have just been posted. We're #58! Which means the Scion tC has withdrawn, leaving us and the '07 Civic Si in Economy. Which means... we still don't have a chance of winning ;). But hey, I'm in this for the experience, not winning.

No comments: