So, get to results already! You're probably thinking. Me, stall? N-a-a-a-a-a-h! ;)
The wet skidpad I was bad, like really bad.... but not in the bad kind of way my wife worries about. The car did well, but the driver (me) was not completely up to the challenge. 0.63g. That put us, oh, down down down in 58th... only beating the Porsche Boxter that spun. I was admittedly bummed about it for the first quarter of the drive. So, what happened? Well, I felt good, accelerated up to a nice speed and cranked into the corner... then I played with the throttle as I felt the nose moving around. Reality? I probably could/should have dialed in more steering input when I felt it push. Then again, that was my first time driving the new wheels & tires in anger. Oh, and the needle was way down on the fuel gauge. So, I was shutting down & coasting as I went through the staging line. And the low fuel light came on as I was cruising back to the parking space; and that probably detracted from my concentration, and is also why I don't have video. Excuses? Maybe. Everyone's been supportive of me thought, and I've got to say a big thank you to them for that.
We packed up the car real quick, and Greer and I talked feel & tire pressures. On the way out Brock talked out to us relayed the notification the Indiana's finest were waiting for us along the way. So Greer drove, while I mellowed, and tried to absorb my 'performance'. Sure enough exit 49 saw 3 of Indiana's finest in the various stages of having very courteous conversations with people other than us. :)
We cleared in to Autobahn in 2hours on the dot, or 12:30pm local. And, waited. Since this afternoon didn't start 'till 3pm; and we were in the last run group, the last car... our choice. And it was probably a good choice.
Well, Greer just spotted a White Castle, so we're stopping for dinner. Then it's my turn to drive. but eventually one of us will do an update of Autobahn. To keep some from worrying... we're fine & the car's fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment