I was getting some photos of Tim staging at Daytona and heard Brock Yates Jr announce that there would be parade laps after the first run group. No helmets, 80mph, all are welcome. Since I am a transit driver and not able to compete this year, I was stoked. Also figuring that the fit probably was not the vehicle of choice to do 80 on the high line, I went looking for a ride in something with a bit more HP.
Do not get me wrong, I am having a blast in the fit, but being immersed in motorsports for a week as a spectator can leave one....wanting. Lucking some new friends of mine (Tim has known them for a while longer) offered to take me out in a Cayman S.
What a riot. We ended up doing 80 around the banking for a few laps and once, around turn 3-4 we hit 100mph. I was able to grab some video on an earlier run. Thanks to Sean for taking me out. Getting some on track time, even in a ride along scenario was really the icing on the cake that this vacation has been!
No comments:
Post a Comment