Well we got up and on the road by 8:05, which is pretty good for me. Along the way we got to wave to way more of Ohio's finest than I prefer to... but fortunately didn't have to get upclose and personal with any of them. Along they way we got passed by one of the corvettes entered this year.. whom must have left *early* this am. Greer drove the first two hours, and we stopped on the other side of IN line and I finished up the last 45minutes. We got in and I caught up with a number of the people I saw up at BeaveRun, and got to meet Woody Hair & his co-driver Robin Hair. Then we checked in, signed away our lives (which is going to happen a lot this week), and picked up all our stickers. We walked back to our car, and found our way over to the car wash to clean the fit up so the stickers would stick to the car and not the dirt on the car.
We got back, and begged a squeegee from Woody (we'd forgotten to bring ours :( ). Several of the stickers were real easy, while the 2 Kuhmo Tires, & 3 TireRack stickers proved to be a real pain. About 2 hours (no really) later we got done. Hopefully Kuhmo's tires stick better than their stickers! ;)
We go through tech, and then I walked around taking pictures for a little while. Picked up an extra liter of brake fluid from TireRack, jic, and then its about time for the drivers meeting: "Don't be stupid, be safe, we want everyone back here next saturday' don't speed, etc etc. All good stuff."
Then a quick 'lap puppy' meeting, and then some dinner:
"Sleep, becareful, stuff"
After dinner Greer and I decided to walk the skidpad to be a bit more prepared for tomorrow. Then it's head back to the hotel, check-in, and then I spent some time re-organizing the car so that it'll be a quick unpack tomorrow morning.
Everyone's been quite nice and engaging, and complimentary of the fit: "You'll have fun!" Well, that's what we're here for! Got to visit with Reg, Sean, Jon, Mike, Courtney, Scott & Jim. It's been a lot of fun so far, but tomorrow the real adventure begins. So, I'm going to post up some photos then kick back for a bit.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment